Would you believe me if I told you that you could eat jambalaya and still be on track toward you fitness goals? Well, you can! It’s all about BALANCE. We used chicken breast instead of thighs, used a precise amount of sausage to limit the fat, and the carbs come from white rice and the dry (oil-less) roux that we used to create this dish.
This meal is delicious, EASY, meal prep friendly, and most importantly- will not get in the way of you reaching your goals! Added bonus: it’s a hit with all 3 of my boys!
- 1lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1.5lbs chicken breast, diced
- 1.75 cups white rice
- 10oz bag seasoning blend
- 30 grams Tony Chachere’s instant roux OR make your dry own roux by browning down white flour
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere’s
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups of water
- Add 2 cups water and 30g roux to pressure cooker. Stir well
- Add remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Place lid on and set timer to 22 minutes.
- Let pressure cooker naturally release for 10 minutes
- Stir and enjoy!
Macros: 32g Protein/ 38g Carbs/ 15g Fat